Thursday, May 7, 2015

This is why camp is so great!

Have you seen this photo before?
Guest blogger Tessa is in the pink tank top. 
I love camp because it combines two things I really enjoy - being outdoors and having fun with my friends!  When I was a Brownie, I would always be super pumped for a week of camp that summer.

As I got older, I wanted to go to camp all summer because I loved being with my friends. Zilker day camp with my troop with awesome!  We always learned so much and made many new friends – we taught our troop leaders silly songs and passed on our new knowledge to our service unit when we could.  As I got older my parents decided I was ready for sleep-away camp.   

My first year at Camp Texlake I made more friends than I ever had before because I got to meet so many different girls from troops from all over!  Since that first summer at Texlake, I have gone back every year since and loved it.  I have had great experiences and learned so many things from being a camper.  



This upcoming summer I plan to go once again and it will be my fifth year!  I’m super excited to get my special 5 year pin!  I still love Zilker day camp and I kept going each year until I became too old.  But two summers ago I became a Zilker program aide and this upcoming summer will be my third year helping younger Girls Scouts!  I can hardly wait for this summer so I can enjoy my time at Zilker and Texlake with my Girl Scout sisters!  

Every year after I get home from Texlake, I’m ready to repack my suitcase and go straight back!  I have learned so much from my time at Zilker and Texlake that has helped me be a better person and Girl Scout!  Girl Scout camp life is awesome!


Tessa S.
Senior Girl Scout
Troop 1588

From firelight and fairy tales to Harriet Potter to equestrian fun, every girl can find her place at summer camp. Register your camper today.

No comments:

Post a Comment