Now it's time to learn more about the NEW GIRLS GUIDE TO GIRL SCOUTING.
The newest addition to the National Program Portfolio is the Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting (GG2GS). The GG2GS will be at a Girl Scout shop near you in September 2011. The GG2GS will be a true memory book of each girl's Girl Scout experience and it is designed as a binder so girls can add pages if they wish. The GG2GS will include several sections including the Handbook, Badges and Awards, and My Girl Scouts.
- The Handbook section will include the Girl Scout traditions.
- The Badges and Awards section will include:
- Legacy Badges
- Financial Literacy Badge
- Cookie Business Badge
- The My Girl Scout section will include space for the girls to keep memories of their Girl Scout time.
- There will be opportunities to add Skill Building Badge Sets that tie into the Journey Books.
- Anatomy of a Badge: Each program level will be arranged the same with a clean and concise format. The topics for the badges will be seen across all program levels so that girls can progress through the skills.
- There is a clearly stated purpose so the girls understand the goal of the badge.
- Each badge will have five steps for the girls to complete before earning the badge.
- During each step the girls will have three choices to choose from, girls only need to do one.
- Each badge will include a tip for tying the badge activities into a Journey.
- There will also be ideas on how the girl can use her new skills to give back to the community.