Using a backpack while long distance hiking is a “no-brainer”; it just makes sense. But a good backpack is also the best way to carry your belongings on any traveling adventure. Whether you travel a distance by canoe, horseback, airplane, train or whatever – a light weight backpack that’s well equipped is the best way to carry your stuff.
Here are 5 Reasons to Choose a Light Weight Backpack for travel adventures:
1. You are Very Portable when you have your home on your back. Just like a turtle! This adaptability helps you quickly go where the fun and adventure is.
2. You Enjoy Keeping It Simple – it’s liberating and gives you such freedom when you learn how to be a minimalist. What independence you feel when your stuff doesn’t “own” you.
3. You Have Fewer Worries So More Fun – worrying about lots of stuff is a downer. You’re out there to embrace adventure, so just do it!
4. You Are More Physically Fit – Carrying a well fitted backpack will build up your stamina and endurance unlike a rolling suitcase. You can enjoy eating more calories!
5. You Know How Your Needs Are Different From Your Wants – Taking only what you need on adventures prepares you for being on your own someday. Wants are just luxuries and it’s best see the necessary priorities of your stuff.
Sign up now for an affordable Council sponsored trip along with other Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors where you will prepare your backpack for travel by train, by foot and by plane all in one adventurous trip! Be a part of the planning by using a series of conference calls with other Girl Scouts. Be a part of the preparation and training fun through the trip group camp out weekends. Check out the Council Travel Troop events (link) for specific details on the Appalachian Trail/Washington DC trip. Contact Beth Abel, trip lead, for more information: Beth@LifeMapsWorkshop.com.