Friday, August 5, 2011

Meet Your PC Series: Leti & Kim

Say hello to Leti Alvarez and Kim Peña! They both work as Pathway Coordinators in the Austin office and serve Travis, Hays, Gillespie, Caldwell and Bastrop counties. Contact them for more information on service units in these areas. Leti habla español.

letiQ: What do you like to do in your spare time?
A: I love yoga! I teach it to young girls and adults. It keeps me balanced and fit. I’m also an avid traveler. I speak four languages, and I lived in Madagascar for three years. I will return there this summer to hike the rainforest and take toothbrushes to the children.

Q: What is your favorite part about the job?
A: I love to spend time with the girls, facilitate new troops, and create new and exciting programs such as the Water Series camp.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
kimQ: What do you like to do in your spare time?
A: I’m all about Girl Scouting, but during my time off, I enjoy hosting craft parties, baking, and spending time with my husband and two dogs, Nibbler and Acho.

Q: What is your favorite part about the job?
A: Working with volunteers. I love seeing adults interact with the girls. It truly is an amazing and gratifying experience.

Q: Why did you decide to join the Girl Scout staff?
A: I wanted a job where I could give back and make a difference. Empowering young girls is rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment