Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Meet Your PC Series: Karen

Three cheers for Pathway Coordinator Karen Stewart! Karen is a true Girl Scout at heart. For three years now, Karen has worked at the GSCTX office in Austin and was a volunteer for many years before her time as an employee. She serves Williamson and Travis counties.

Q: What are your interests?
karenA: Camping, water-sports, spending time with my daughter, and making jewelry.

Q: What is your favorite part about the job?
A: Working with the girls in water-sports and water safety. I have been teaching water safety for more than 30 years.

Q: Why did you decide to join the Girl Scout staff?
A: I was an active volunteer and Service Unit Director. After retiring as a city employee, I decided to follow my passion and work for Girl Scouts. It just seemed it be the right fit for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment