Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Annie's Blog: That's a Wrap!

IMG_1203Girls, thank you so much for making the 2011 Teen Conference such a great success! I hope everyone who attended enjoyed the day as much as I did, and maybe learned something cool along the way. A huge thank you goes out to all of our wonderful workshop leaders and performers, and to Olga Campos and the women at Texas Youth Word Collective for speaking at our event. I was really thrilled with all of the workshops I attended, but my favorite was definitely the UT Austin campus tour led by the UT Kappa Thetas. I will be attending UT next year, and the tour made me even more excited to start college! I can speak for all of those involved in the G.I.R.L.S. planning committee when I say this year’s conference was a smash hit! If you enjoyed it as much as we did and are interested in planning next year’s conference, along with other similar events, join the G.I.R.L.S. committee! We’d love to have you, and as some of us are graduating soon (me!), we need new members to continue the great work of the committee. Feel free to contact Avery Orendorf if you’re interested in pursuing this opportunity. We also welcome any comments you may have on the conference for next year! I’ve had so much fun reporting to you through the months as the Teen Conference was being planned, and I’ll continue to keep you updated as I work on new projects with the Girl Scouts.

-Annie L.

No comments:

Post a Comment