College Board reports that for a public 4 year college, the average tuition for 09-10 is $7,020 (6.5% increase from last year) and for a 4 year private college, the average tuition is - get ready for it - a staggering $26,273. Hold on to your hats folks; it's a lot of money!
The good news is that College Board also reports 2/3 of full-time undergrads receive grant aid. Whew, thank goodness! Even with all that grant aid coming in though, we know it's not always enough. And that's why we're sharing these scholarship and money making opportunities with you.
- Texas Scholarships - for students at the University of Texas
- Texas Elks Scholarship - $2,500 for Girl Scout Gold Award recipients
- Scholarships for Military Children - exactly what it sounds like
- Founders Scholarship - $1,000 from GSCTX, deadline is 2/12/10
- Fast Web - scholarship and financial aid search engine
- Every Chance, Every Texan - lists of scholarships available to students in Texas
- Federal Work-Study - part-time jobs for students paid by federal funds
- GSCTX Camp Counselor - make a little $$ for college by spending the summer at camp
The photo is GSCTX Founders Scholarship recipients from 2009.